Children are a gift from God, a real blessing.... Psalm 127.3



Friday, May 7, 2010

Rock N' Roll!

The past month has been full of fun for the Howe's. Isak is talking more and more each day. He has so many fun new phrases that it's hard for me to remember them all. I always say I'm going to start a journal of them, but I've yet to keep track of them all. Yesterday we were getting ready to go and I asked him if he was ready and he looked at me and said "Let's Rock and Roll!" It was too cute. Steve and Isak were talking the other day and Isak told Steve "It's awful". Isak is constantly repeating lines from his videos and TV. I'm not sure where he heard this one but he told Steve the other day "Blue and Green. It's a camoflouge." It is fun to watch his personality develop more and more.

William is growing by leaps and bounds as well. He is 3 months old today! I'm not quite sure how I feel about that as it seems to be going so quickly. He is such a happy go lucky baby. Quite calm and always taking everything in. He isn't easily startled by the tantrums of his brother which is a good thing. He only really cries when tired or hungry. He has the best little smile and laugh too :) I've added a video of him laughing today below. He is quite strong for being so little. He loves to practice standing and talks up a storm throughout the day. He has this new little squeal to get your attention. He'll squeal and then look to see if you are paying attention. It's fun to see him more interactive and social. He is still waking up every 3 hours at night which wears me out a bit. He has one good 5-6 hour stretch from about 9 - 2 or 3 but then after that every three hours he is hungry. I've been really happy that we haven't had to buy formula yet. I didn't think I'd make it 3 months straight nursing without supplementing so I've been excited about that. With Isak, I had to supplement a little while working. I looked at formula prices yesterday and am hoping I can keep nursing for as long as possible. I'm not ready to pay 30 dollars again for formula!

We've been enjoying a week of just family time :) We had our 3rd annual recital "Let the Good Times Roll" at the historic Stiefel Theatre in Salina KS on May 1st. It was a wonderful success and I'm looking forward to another wonderful year. I take the month of May off and we've been enjoying a lot of homebaked goods and dinner and I'm crossing off my list of house to dos that I'm never able to get to during the year. It's been fun spending more time at home at night and being able to spend more time with the boys. The weather has been so nice...70's...and so we've been able to get out more to take walks and play outside. I even took in some garage sales today!

We hope everyone has a wonderful mothers day! We are looking forward to our first annual studio cast party on Sunday to celebrate such a wonderful year. Hopefully I can post some pics later. Below are some recent pictures of the boys.....rock n' roll!


William hanging out in his swing. I love his little polo shirt that he got from one of my dance kiddos :)
Isak loves walking around in daddies shoes!

William at 3 months


Isak loves eating his food cut out in different shapes. The favorites are gingerbread man and stars.



One of Isak's many funny faces.

Isak and his buddy Caden at Caden's 3rd Birthday Party at Church.


Isak and Daddy hanging out wearing the same shirts.



1 comment:

Stacey said...

I LOVE the picture of your heading of the blog! It's a great family pic. I still have not had time to get our pictures taken since Tess was born, I can barely find time to clean my house or sleep!